Sunday, May 27, 2012

Homemade CANDY BUTTONS


Homemade CANDY BUTTONS

I LOVE Color….I LOVE Sweets!!! When I think of my childhood even my adult life it is Full of color. It’s Memorial weekend and it’s full of Family, Friends, Cookouts, and Kids! Holidays always seem to bring out my inner child….Today I decided to make a Classic Old Fashion Candy that I had as a Child, CANDY BUTTONS!! I Love those little sweet hard candy's and how they melted their sugary goodness in my mouth (Paper and all) Because lets be honest a lot of them still had the paper attached! ;)

It’s Amazing how you can make these with just the supplies you probably have in your house now! I went upstairs in the office, looked at the package of white paper (read non toxic) Grabbed a few pieces and down to the kitchen I went!
 

HOW TO MAKE YOU OWN:
CANDY BUTTONS

4 tablespoons meringue powder
12 tablespoons water
2/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 bag confectioners' sugar (2lb)
Ziploc baggies
Food coloring



1)      Strip your nontoxic computer paper into whatever size you want…You can get creative…I used scissors that had a decorative edge.
2)      Mix together meringue powder and confectioners’ sugar and water, mix for 8 minutes!
3)      Put icing mixture into cups add food coloring, mix
4)      Put in plastic baggies, cut end and start making Dots…EASY!!! 




 Have fun with it and get creative...Mix colors, make designs, Enjoy!!! 
You can follow up on my new posts, DIY Projects and recipes by clicking Subscribe to your left on my Blog. You can also Follow me on PINTEREST, that's where you can usually find me and I'd love to see you there!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...